San Francisco Rally and March down Market St. in support of Yes on Prop 37 - Mandatory Labeling of GMO's. We believe all Californians have a Right to Know what's in our Food and we need to make sure people hear this message loud and clear!
This will also be the "Hub Event" for "Take A Pledge" events happening all over the state on the 6th.
October 6 2012
10am Rally at Civic Center UN Plaza (Civic Center BART Station)
11am March down Market Street
12-4pm - Street Canvassing along Embarcadero
(there will be Fleet Week, America's Cup, Ferry Building Farmers Market and the launch of a new Target Store - our goal is to distribute information about Prop 37 to all of these people!)
Come out and show your support for Prop 37 and our right to know what's in our food!
Here is a list of specific day-of volunteer needs for march and rally. We'll have a Volunteer Meeting at 9 am before Rally at the UN Plaza (Arrive at 8:45)
Roles we need people to fill/ that we'll be getting everyone ready for:
1) Setup and Break down crew for the Rally (We have to breakdown during the march) (5 people)
2) "Ushers"- for Helping marchers stay on the sidewalk, and cross streets safely. (5-10)
3) "Pacers"- to make sure the march moves at a reasonable pace, and everyone can keep up (5-10)
4) "Runners"- To communicate between the front, middle and back of the march to in case anything changes or anyone falls behind. (5-10)
5) People to disperse info for flyering along the embarcadero at the end of the march (2-4)
6) People at the nearby BART and Muni stations to handout flyers and direct people toward the march (2-4)
7) Tablers for Rally area and CUESA Farmers Market at the beginning and end of route. (4-6)
8) Chant leaders: Just folks who are excited to chant, you don't have to come up with them yourself (2-4)
Volunteers should meet at the UN Plaza at 8:45 am, ready to start at 9 am.