Narrow Loss; Movement Victory!
Statement on Election Results from the California Right to Know Campaign
Yesterday, we showed that there is a food movement in the United States, and it is strong, vibrant and too powerful to stop. We always knew we were the underdogs, and the underdogs nearly took the day. Dirty money and dirty tactics may have won this skirmish, but they will not win the war.
Today, we are more than 4 million votes closer to knowing what’s in our food than when we started. This is a victory and a giant step forward. We are proud of our broad coalition of moms and dads, farmers, nurses, environmentalists, faith and labor leaders who did so much with so few resources to bring us to this point, and we will carry forward.
These results are also a reminder of the corrupting influence of huge multinational corporations on our electoral process. The world’s leading pesticide and junk food companies outspent Yes on 37 by more than 5 to 1, and beginning on October 1, spent about a million dollars a day on a hailstorm of false claims, misrepresentations and fear mongering over five simple words on a label. In the end, they spent enough money to hide the truth from the majority of voters. The food manufacturers are on the wrong side of history; they should not fight their customers, but join them.
Today is not the end of our campaign to secure our fundamental right to know what’s in our food. It is a strong beginning, and we thank the millions of Californians who stood with us. We are proud of our grassroots movement, our 10,000 hardworking volunteers, and the diverse coalition of health, faith, labor and consumer groups that stood with us. We will keep fighting for consumer choice, fairness and transparency in our food system. And we will prevail.
and RoundUp will be banned like DDT was.
obat pilek bayi
My email is email@example.com
Please take a look at it, sign it and pass it on. I will deliver the petition the week after Thanksgiving. It’s a petition to urge our representative to make sure all the unaccounted votes get accounted for. Thank you.
1. Remember the Gore/Bush Election and Florida? All eyes on the hanging chad?
Educate yourself by contacting Debra Bowen, CA Sec. of State on the issue of 3 million unaccounted ballots.
a)What is the offical date for formal accounting of ballots?
b)Do Counties have to comply with missing ballots? If so, when and how? Place pressure on the counties along the coast line…
c)Call – gen # (916)653-6814; elections # 916-657-2166;
d)Get it in writing -pen and paper response or email http://www.sos.ca.gov/webcontact/general/question.aspx
Education is power.
Win by applying pressure within the system and without.
Learn about Project GreenThumb – take matters in your own hand while being an advocate for our nations children.
School lunches are prepared with GMO products.
2. Continue to apply pressure on the Obama Administration. Sign the petition. They are then REQUIRED to provide a formal RESPONSE. Have them work for you! Keep the issue alive by placing it in front of President Obama.
3) The BIG PICTURE, it took 504, 760 CA voter signatures to create a ballot initiative. Those numbers grew to 4,285,787 (or more when all ballots are counted. YOU pressured BIG FOODS/BIG AG to cough up 45.6+ million. Take the iniative to every state….
4. Even if you loose the legislative battle, YOU won on building and uniting the American Public on AWARENESS. With awareness, you have choice on what and who to support.
5. Money matters, so let the BIG FOODS/BIG AG spend it on digging their own grave.
a little label….